|Compat:||Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10|
Sunday, October 19, 2014
|Compat:||Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10|
Successfully complete one of the following tasks to get a trophy:
- Pure Evil (Platinum): Unlocked all trophies for The Evil Within.
- First Step into Darkness (Bronze): Complete the game on Casual difficulty.
- Another Day on the Job (Silver): Complete the game on Survival difficulty.
- Master of Horror (Silver): Complete the game on Nightmare difficulty.
- Every Nook and Cranny (Silver): Collect every collectable in the game.
- Master of Unlocking (Bronze): Open up all the lockers in the save room.
- Hardbody (Silver): Fully upgrade all of Sebastian's attributes.
- My Best Friend (Bronze): Completely upgrade one weapon.
- The Power of Three (Bronze): Completely upgrade three weapons.
- Unstoppable Arsenal (Gold): Completely upgrade all weapons.
- Why Can't I Hold All This Ammo? (Bronze): Upgrade all options in the Stock menu.
- Blow Up the Playing Field (Silver): Use a secret explosive weapon to kill 10 enemies. (Agony Bolt effects negate results)
- Full House (Bronze): Kill 5 enemies with each type of Agony Bolt.
- Silent Kill (Bronze): Kill 5 enemies in a row with a sneak kill without being discovered.
- Burn, Baby, Burn! (Bronze): Kill 5 enemies with a torch.
- ...And the Corpses Mount (Bronze): Kill 30 enemies.
- Krimson PD Fury (Bronze): Kill 200 enemies.
- One Man Army (Silver): Kill 400 enemies.
- Ammo Conservationist (Bronze): Kill 25 enemies with melee attacks.
- Bloody Bar Brawl (Bronze): Sneak Kill an enemy after hitting them with a bottle.
- Drop It Like It's Hot (Bronze): Kill 3 living enemies with one drop of a match.
- The Quick and the Dead (Gold): Finish the game with a clear time of under 5:00:00.
- It Is What It Is (Gold): Finish the game without upgrading any skills with green gel.
- You Asked For It (Gold): Finish the game on 悪夢(AKUMU) mode.
- À la Corvo (Bronze): Have they lost their minds? Better get past them without a fight. (Ch.2)
- Knife Beats Chainsaw (Silver): His engine roars, but my knife is strong enough to take him out. (Ch.3)
- Home is Where the Hospice is (Bronze): That vision in the hospice... why here? Why now? (Ch. 4)
- Not Part of the Job Description (Silver): The water's rising, but we'll get out of this without a scratch. (Ch. 5)
- Everybody Gets One (Bronze): Who wouldn't reach out for a man clinging for his life? (Ch. 6)
- I Don't Have Time for This! (Bronze): It won't stay dead! Better only fight when I have to. (Ch. 7)
- Item Management (Bronze): This cave echoes like crazy. Better put the gun away and keep quiet. (Ch. 8)
- Bathed in Flames (Silver): Enough running! I'll burn her to the ground right here! (Ch. 10)
- Not a Scratch on Her! (Bronze): I'm not taking any chances, this bus can't take much more damage. (Ch. 12)
- Entry Level Electrician (Bronze): I should get this whole generator panel running just in case. (Ch. 14)
Additionally, there are eight secret trophies:
- Weapon of Choice (Bronze): Defeated the Sadist within the village.
- Old Flame (Bronze): Finished off a shrieking beast.
- Two on Two (Bronze): Took out both guardians before the church.
- What's In The Box?! (Bronze): Escaped the Keeper beneath the catacombs.
- The First, Not the Last (Bronze): Ended a monstrosity in the underground garage.
- Arachnophobia (Bronze): Outran a gigantic threat in the city.
- Slither into Oblivion (Bronze): Removed an invisible enemy from the equation.
- One of the Many (Bronze): Defeated the ultimate evil within.
In Chapter 2, search for a single enemy near a checkpoint, then sneak kill him with your knife from behind, and load the last autosave. Repeat this until you have performed five sneak kills without being detected to get the "Silent Kill" trophy. There is a great spot in Chapter 2 where an enemy is standing next to a campfire, and there is a checkpoint at the same place. Kill him, pause the game, load the autosave, and repeat. You can also farm all other kill trophies in the same way.
To get the "Not Part Of The Job Description" trophy, you must rescue Kidman from the water tank without Joseph taking any damage (he is your teammate) in Chapter 5. Joseph's health bar is displayed on the left side of the screen. If he loses any health, you must immediately reload the last autosave. It is fine if Joseph loses health before this part of the mission, but he is not allowed to lose health during the water tank part. It is recommended to attempt this in New Game+ mode since you will have significantly better equipment. Thus, if you have trouble doing this during your first playthrough, try it again during your second playthrough. The start of the fight is by far the hardest part. There are lots of enemies coming from all directions, and Joseph is standing in the middle of the area without any cover. The best strategy is to use grenades and shoot explosive bolts and shock bolts on the ground in front of the cages where the enemies come from. The bolts act like mines and explode when an enemy gets close to them. The explosive bolt is very useful, as it will often take out three or more enemies at once when they come running out of the cages. The shock bolt stuns enemies for a moment, which gives you time to clear the area. After the first big wave of enemies are dead, it gets increasingly easier. The number of enemies in each wave will drop, and they will come from one direction only. Kill them close to their spawn point so they do not even have a chance to get close to Joseph.
At the end of Chapter 3, you will fight a big chainsaw zombie. Before entering this fight, you should eliminate all other enemies in the area to make it a lot easier to get the trophy. To perform an easy sneak kill on the Boss, fire flash bolts with your crossbow. A flash bolt can be found in the watch tower on the right side of the area. You can always craft more for two crafting materials per bolt (disable traps to gain enough upgrade materials). Before stunning the Boss, make sure to weaken him. Shoot him twice with explosive bolts, twice with standard harpoon bolts, and twice with the shotgun. You should then be able to perform a sneak attack with the knife to kill him and get the "Knife Beats Chainsaw" trophy. If you did not weaken him enough, just keep crafting flash bolts, shoot them at him, and keep doing sneak attacks until he is dead.
During Chapter 8, you must not shoot any of your weapons to get the "Item Management" trophy. You can equip your weapons, but you are not allowed to use them. The only tough part is at the very beginning where there are several enemies roaming the area. You need to use a crank to open a gate, but there are two enemies in front of it. You have to lure them away to the other end of the cave. Just let them see you, and slowly walk away (not too fast or they will lose you and return to their original positions). Once you have lured them away, run back to the gate as quickly as possible and open it. The rest of the chapter is easy. Simply run past all the enemies to complete the chapter in a few minutes.