|Compat:||Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10|
Sunday, October 19, 2014
|Compat:||Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10|
Successfully complete one of the following tasks to get a trophy:
- Pure Evil (Platinum): Unlocked all trophies for The Evil Within.
- First Step into Darkness (Bronze): Complete the game on Casual difficulty.
- Another Day on the Job (Silver): Complete the game on Survival difficulty.
- Master of Horror (Silver): Complete the game on Nightmare difficulty.
- Every Nook and Cranny (Silver): Collect every collectable in the game.
- Master of Unlocking (Bronze): Open up all the lockers in the save room.
- Hardbody (Silver): Fully upgrade all of Sebastian's attributes.
- My Best Friend (Bronze): Completely upgrade one weapon.
- The Power of Three (Bronze): Completely upgrade three weapons.
- Unstoppable Arsenal (Gold): Completely upgrade all weapons.
- Why Can't I Hold All This Ammo? (Bronze): Upgrade all options in the Stock menu.
- Blow Up the Playing Field (Silver): Use a secret explosive weapon to kill 10 enemies. (Agony Bolt effects negate results)
- Full House (Bronze): Kill 5 enemies with each type of Agony Bolt.
- Silent Kill (Bronze): Kill 5 enemies in a row with a sneak kill without being discovered.
- Burn, Baby, Burn! (Bronze): Kill 5 enemies with a torch.
- ...And the Corpses Mount (Bronze): Kill 30 enemies.
- Krimson PD Fury (Bronze): Kill 200 enemies.
- One Man Army (Silver): Kill 400 enemies.
- Ammo Conservationist (Bronze): Kill 25 enemies with melee attacks.
- Bloody Bar Brawl (Bronze): Sneak Kill an enemy after hitting them with a bottle.
- Drop It Like It's Hot (Bronze): Kill 3 living enemies with one drop of a match.
- The Quick and the Dead (Gold): Finish the game with a clear time of under 5:00:00.
- It Is What It Is (Gold): Finish the game without upgrading any skills with green gel.
- You Asked For It (Gold): Finish the game on 悪夢(AKUMU) mode.
- À la Corvo (Bronze): Have they lost their minds? Better get past them without a fight. (Ch.2)
- Knife Beats Chainsaw (Silver): His engine roars, but my knife is strong enough to take him out. (Ch.3)
- Home is Where the Hospice is (Bronze): That vision in the hospice... why here? Why now? (Ch. 4)
- Not Part of the Job Description (Silver): The water's rising, but we'll get out of this without a scratch. (Ch. 5)
- Everybody Gets One (Bronze): Who wouldn't reach out for a man clinging for his life? (Ch. 6)
- I Don't Have Time for This! (Bronze): It won't stay dead! Better only fight when I have to. (Ch. 7)
- Item Management (Bronze): This cave echoes like crazy. Better put the gun away and keep quiet. (Ch. 8)
- Bathed in Flames (Silver): Enough running! I'll burn her to the ground right here! (Ch. 10)
- Not a Scratch on Her! (Bronze): I'm not taking any chances, this bus can't take much more damage. (Ch. 12)
- Entry Level Electrician (Bronze): I should get this whole generator panel running just in case. (Ch. 14)
Additionally, there are eight secret trophies:
- Weapon of Choice (Bronze): Defeated the Sadist within the village.
- Old Flame (Bronze): Finished off a shrieking beast.
- Two on Two (Bronze): Took out both guardians before the church.
- What's In The Box?! (Bronze): Escaped the Keeper beneath the catacombs.
- The First, Not the Last (Bronze): Ended a monstrosity in the underground garage.
- Arachnophobia (Bronze): Outran a gigantic threat in the city.
- Slither into Oblivion (Bronze): Removed an invisible enemy from the equation.
- One of the Many (Bronze): Defeated the ultimate evil within.
In Chapter 2, search for a single enemy near a checkpoint, then sneak kill him with your knife from behind, and load the last autosave. Repeat this until you have performed five sneak kills without being detected to get the "Silent Kill" trophy. There is a great spot in Chapter 2 where an enemy is standing next to a campfire, and there is a checkpoint at the same place. Kill him, pause the game, load the autosave, and repeat. You can also farm all other kill trophies in the same way.
To get the "Not Part Of The Job Description" trophy, you must rescue Kidman from the water tank without Joseph taking any damage (he is your teammate) in Chapter 5. Joseph's health bar is displayed on the left side of the screen. If he loses any health, you must immediately reload the last autosave. It is fine if Joseph loses health before this part of the mission, but he is not allowed to lose health during the water tank part. It is recommended to attempt this in New Game+ mode since you will have significantly better equipment. Thus, if you have trouble doing this during your first playthrough, try it again during your second playthrough. The start of the fight is by far the hardest part. There are lots of enemies coming from all directions, and Joseph is standing in the middle of the area without any cover. The best strategy is to use grenades and shoot explosive bolts and shock bolts on the ground in front of the cages where the enemies come from. The bolts act like mines and explode when an enemy gets close to them. The explosive bolt is very useful, as it will often take out three or more enemies at once when they come running out of the cages. The shock bolt stuns enemies for a moment, which gives you time to clear the area. After the first big wave of enemies are dead, it gets increasingly easier. The number of enemies in each wave will drop, and they will come from one direction only. Kill them close to their spawn point so they do not even have a chance to get close to Joseph.
At the end of Chapter 3, you will fight a big chainsaw zombie. Before entering this fight, you should eliminate all other enemies in the area to make it a lot easier to get the trophy. To perform an easy sneak kill on the Boss, fire flash bolts with your crossbow. A flash bolt can be found in the watch tower on the right side of the area. You can always craft more for two crafting materials per bolt (disable traps to gain enough upgrade materials). Before stunning the Boss, make sure to weaken him. Shoot him twice with explosive bolts, twice with standard harpoon bolts, and twice with the shotgun. You should then be able to perform a sneak attack with the knife to kill him and get the "Knife Beats Chainsaw" trophy. If you did not weaken him enough, just keep crafting flash bolts, shoot them at him, and keep doing sneak attacks until he is dead.
During Chapter 8, you must not shoot any of your weapons to get the "Item Management" trophy. You can equip your weapons, but you are not allowed to use them. The only tough part is at the very beginning where there are several enemies roaming the area. You need to use a crank to open a gate, but there are two enemies in front of it. You have to lure them away to the other end of the cave. Just let them see you, and slowly walk away (not too fast or they will lose you and return to their original positions). Once you have lured them away, run back to the gate as quickly as possible and open it. The rest of the chapter is easy. Simply run past all the enemies to complete the chapter in a few minutes.
During Chapter 7, you will encounter Keepers for the first time. They are the large enemies with a metal box on their head. To get the "I Don't Have Time for This!" trophy, you are only allowed to kill two of them (and those two have to be killed to progress in the mission). The first one you encounter has to be killed to open a door. This will bring you to a gassed area where a lot of Keepers spawn infinitely. You may not kill them. Instead, use the valves to make the gas go away. In the room with the second valve, another Keeper will spawn. This is the last one you are allowed to kill. The third valve is the biggest challenge. It takes some time to turn it off, and one of the Keepers will be hunting you. Lure him to the opposite side of the area, and shoot him with a Freeze Bolt to slow him down. Then, quickly run over to the third valve, and turn it off. Successfully complete the chapter to get the trophy.
At the very beginning of Chapter 4, follow your teammate (the doctor) for a couple of seconds until he stops in front of the entrance door to a building. Go in and explore the ground floor. In one of the rooms is an old friend of the doctor that turned into a zombie. Kill him to trigger a cutscene and get the "Home Is Where The Hospice Is" trophy after the cutscene ends.
To get the "Everybody Gets One" trophy, you have to save Joseph from falling off a ledge in Chapter 6. A couple of minutes into this chapter, you will reach some ruins. On the rooftops is a wooden bridge. You need to climb up there using one of the ladders, and wait for Joseph to be pushed off the bridge by the enemies. Then, help Joseph back to get the trophy. Getting the enemies to push Joseph off the bridge requires some luck. It helps if you wait until the enemies with the gatling guns start shooting at you. If Joseph kills all the enemies on the bridge, you must reload the last autosave to try again.
During Chapter 14, you will have to turn on a generator. Next to the generator is a panel where you can solve a circuit diagram. You have to put all three pieces in the right position to power up all electrical equipment simultaneously. You cannot leave the panel in between. If you only power up two parts and then do the third one separately, it will not count. Once everything is correctly in place, exit out of the panel to get the "Entry Level Electrician" trophy.
During Chapter 2, in front of the gate that you need to open are two zombies sleeping on the ground. Do not use the crank for the gate yet, as it will wake them up. Lure another zombie to them, and shoot him in the leg so that he falls to the ground. When all three are close together, drop a match to burn them and get the "Drop It Like It's Hot" trophy. If you fail to kill all three zombies, load your last auto save to try it again. Just make sure the third zombie lands on top of the two sleeping zombies. If you are out of matches, you can find some in the buildings of this area.
A great place to sneak kill an enemy after hitting them with a bottle is in Chapter 2, in the area after the zombie that is banging on the door. Go up the hill to find a zombie next to a campfire. Grab one of the bottles from the ground, and throw it at his head. It is important that you hit his head to stun him for a few seconds. Then, quickly run up to him, and perform a sneak kill to get the "Bloody Bar Brawl" trophy.
It is highly recommended to attempt this during New Game+ mode, which is unlocked after completing the game. You can then select "New Game+" at the main menu, and load Chapter 10 at the chapter selection screen. You will automatically start with the rocket launcher, which will make this significantly easier. The part for this trophy starts when you reach the crematorium where everything is burning. Before this point, you cannot kill Laura (she will always flee when she is about to die and regenerate her health -- so just ignore her until you get to this point). Use the fire traps and corpses to burn her. While she is burning, you can attack with the rocket launcher. It takes approximately ten direct hits with the rocket launcher to kill her and get the "Bathed In Flames" trophy.
During Chapter 2, the only zombie you are allowed to kill to get the "À La Corvo" trophy is the very first one where you obtain the revolver. You may damage other zombies, but do not kill them with your weapons or melee attacks. However, it is fine if they walk into traps and kill themselves. This does not count as a kill and will not void the trophy. Just run past all enemies. It does not matter if they see you or not. When you reach the gate, you have to open it with a crank. Some zombies will wake up nearby and attack you. When this happens, let go of the crank and lure them far away. Then, run back to the gate and open it.
Saturday, October 18, 2014
Successfully complete the game on any difficulty to unlock New Game+ mode for the same difficulty the game was completed on. In this mode, you will retain your previously obtained weapons, items, and upgrades. The enemies in New Game+ mode will also have an increased difficulty.